Monday 18 June 2018

How To Run Outlook 2000 On Windows 7.

I have installed Microsoft Office 2000 on my Windows 7 computer and everything is working including Outlook.
Today I am going to share with you how to get Outlook Mail 2000 working on Windows 7.

So here is how.

You will need to install Outlook from the Microsoft Office 2000 CD.




And you can either select to install Outlook with the other MS Office software or Outlook only if you just want the email program.

On Windows 7.

Go to the C/Programs/Common Files/System Folder on Windows 7 after you have installed Outlook.

Copy both the  WAB32.DLL and WAB32 RES.DLL and paste both  dlls in the C/Windows/System32 folder.

You need to do this first before you run Outlook for the first time to get the Outlook Address Book to open but once this is done it will open.

Run outlook and set up your email account the same as you do with your other email program.

Outlook can either be run in Internet Mode or Corporate Mode but not both at the same time.

If you want to use it for webmail such a Gmail select Internet Mode from the CD during the install and set up.

If you want to use it for Microsoft Exchange Mail(email on your local network only) install in Corporate Mode.

Here I have set up Outlook 2k with web mail and I can send and get my emails on Windows 7 the same as I can with other email programs.



When you first run Outlook you may get an error message like this but don't worry. Outlook will run.






Outlook 2000 On Windows 7.

Here is Outlook 2000 running on Windows 7. And as you can see I can send and receive emails so it is working. Oh and here is the Office Assistant which is the best thing about Office 2k.


Outlook calendar with the Office Assistant.

See also my video which shows Outlook Mail 2000 in action on Windows 7.






Outlook also comes with a calendar and works with all of your web mail accounts such a Gmail.
As well as Microsoft Exchange if you want to set up a post office account which is sending email on your computer network only.

To change the settings from web mail to Exchange it may ask you for the CD.

But as I do not have a Microsoft Exchange Server I have not tested if or not this works but web mail does.

Outlook 2000 works on Windows 7, Windows XP and Windows Vista but does not work on Windows 8.

It opens on Windows 8 but I cannot send email with it and have not found a fix for this on 8.
But it works fine on Windows 7.


See also this post which explains more about how to get the Outlook Address Book working. But I did not need to register the dll files. I just copied them to System32 and it worked.
See source:
Outlook Tips Website.

























No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.