Wednesday 21 October 2009

You Tube and My Space videos.

Readers of my sites know that I have quite a large number of my videos posted onto my sites.Most people know that you can embed You Tube videos onto your site,also you can upload a video, although this takes a long time. So the easiest way is to embed,and it is not only You Tube videos that can be embedded or posted to your blog. I also have a lot of my My Space videos on my sites. I have two video channels,one on You Tube and the other on My Space.




There is one restriction with You Tube videos, in that you can not record or upload videos longer than ten minutes. But My Space allows up to twenty minutes recording time and some of my videos are longer than ten minutes,therefore I cannot show them on You Tube.

So I have posted many of my My Space videos here on Blogger and also my other sites at Windows Live Spaces. A lot of my You Tube videos were recorded on my, My Space video channel and uploaded to You Tube,as the Internet connection is better on My Space.What I mean is that when I have recorded on You Tube,some of my videos have been cut off before the end. That is not all of the video has been uploaded,for example some videos although in the preview,the whole recording came out. When I published it,not all of the video,was published,it was cut off before it was finished.It is a problem that a lot of people are having or so I have read in the You Tube help guide,where the Internet connection is slow. Therefore not all of the video is uploaded completely which seems to be the problem I have had. But with My Space, the connection seems better so all of my videos upload and so most of my You Tube videos are uploaded from my My Space site. But even if you choose to upload from another site that you have to or from your mobile phone,You Tube will still not accept anything longer than ten minutes.So for anybody who wants to make longer videos,My Space is a good option and you can post or embed your videos onto any web site or blog that you have.

Also I don' have my own computer,I blog from an Internet cafe,although this does not make any difference if the computers are running well. But also people who have their own computers have problems if you live in an area where the Internet connection is not very good and this is a problem here in Lebanon.Where there are power cuts and telecommunications are down a lot and so this effects the Internet here.

So how to embed a video-well,first go to the video you want to embed then,with your mouse or keyboard, COPY. Click your mouse over the embed code shown,then press ctrl and C both at the same time,then press C again.Then go to your site, with Blogger you click on "edit html"in the post editor,then click the right hand side of the mouse and select "paste"then using the left hand side of mouse click onto the page.The embed code should appear,then click preview and the video should appear,if it does not,then you have not done everything correctly. Once video appears you can click publish and that's it. Different blogging services have different ways of embedding a video into your post,with Windows Live,my other site,I just click embed video and click done and the video appears,I do not have to set my text to html.But I am just giving you an example with here on Blogger,but check with your site instructions if using another blogging service,as some let you just post the video on without having to embed,others only allow you to upload from a video file. But others do not let you add videos at all,so each service is different. Also if you have a You Tube account,You Tube has a setting that allows you to just post a video to your blog without having to embed.This is useful for people who have difficulty mastering the computer and don't know how to embed,or have restrictions on their computer as then you can just post to your site easy. You Tube is the best site to make your own videos as it is the most famous but My Space is also a good choice. I have an account on My Space and it is both a blog and video channel,which has both my You Tube and My Space videos plus my own blog posts.Links- http://www.youtube.com/andrea22borman 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.