Wednesday 22 June 2011

ICQ no longer lets you log in with your Aim account.

I have not used ICQ messenger for quite some time as I have several Netbooks and have been using Aim Messenger. Well today I used one of my other Netbooks that has ICQ Messenger on it. Although I have an ICQ account I sign in with my Aim account, also Aol email account. But today when I tried to log in with my Aim screen name I found I could not do so. I got a message saying "incorrect log in."

So I tried to sign in with my other Aim account and the same thing happened. I could not sign into ICQ with any of my Aim accounts.





And I also tried to sign into ICQ web Messenger with my Aim account and it also would not let me do it. And so I looked on the web and I found out that ICQ have changed their system.

Before, about a month ago you COULD sign into ICQ messenger using either your ICQ account email address and password, or your Aim screen name and password. But now you can only sign into ICQ using your ICQ email address and password. So that is the reason I could not sign into ICQ with my Aim account although I found that I could using my ICQ account.


Until a few weeks ago you could also make voice and video calls to contacts on Aim Messenger from ICQ. But now you can NO LONGER do this,you can only send text messages. Also in the new version of ICQ,7.5 the voice chat does not work,there is no sound. And my friend had the same problem. And so I have been using ICQ 7 an older version. But even on the old versions of ICQ Messenger,you can now NO LONGER sign in with your Aim or Aol account. You can only sign in with your ICQ account.

I find it so annoying when you find a software you like and then they make unwanted changes to it. Meaning it no longer works or in this case they have changed the log in system completely. I was quite happy with the old system of ICQ,where you could use your Aim account to log in and make video calls to people on Aim Messenger. But that's all changed now with the new ICQ,and even if like me you are using an old version of ICQ. Now you will no longer be able to use your Aim account to sign in or make video calls to contacts on Aim. Although you can make voice and video calls to contacts with ICQ accounts.

So I have now uninstalled ICQ Messenger and have installed Aim Messenger. The latest version which works great and is better than ICQ. And if you are looking for an alternative to ICQ,get Aim as it is very user friendly and works without any problems. So now you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.