Tuesday 20 August 2019

Outlook 2003 On Windows 8.

I have installed Outlook Mail 2003 on my Windows 8 and it is working very well. In fact this is the best version I have tried as I found with Outlook 2000 although that did work on Windows XP,Windows Vista and Windows 7. It did not work well on Windows 8. Although I could send webmail on Windows 7 this did not work at all on 8.





But when I tried Outlook 2003 I am happy to tell you it works and I am using it to send webmail from my G Mail accounts and also my Hotmail.
Outlook 2003 has several email functions, you can use it for webmail or Microsoft Exchange and there are also other email server setings as shown here in the picture. To set up your email account you can do this by clicking the Mail icon in the control Panel or from Outlook.


Outlook Mail 2003 On Windows 8.


I have set up webmail with Outlook and I can send and receive emails in it. It also has a new look that is different from that of Outlook 2000 but I have not found any bugs. Except that when I change the toolbar buttons they also change in Wordpad. But this is not a problem

Another bug is that rich text only displays as plain text if like me you are using the High Contrast theme. And the stationary feature does not show up either in High Contrast Theme. But if you are using the Aero or Windows 8 Basic Theme, both will work. As you can see in my picture.


Outlook 2003 Rich Text And Stationary Features On Windows 8.



Outlook 2003 also has a calendar,a journal and an address book. And of course the office assistants that make Outlook more fun to use. And the office assistants work in all of the other Microsoft Office 2003 applications as well.

This is Outlook 2003 on Windows 8.



Outlook Mail 2003 On Windows 8.



Outlook 2003 Calendar On Windows 8.



So yes you can run Outlook Mail 2003 on Windows 8 and 8.1. It also works on Windows Vista, and Windows 7. Microsoft Office 2003 was made for Windows XP, so I knew there was a good chance it would work on Windows 8, as it was made for later versions of Windows.

Where as Microsoft Office 97 and 2000 is for Windows 95,98 and Windows 2000 but it still works on Windows XP and Windows 8. Even if it there are some bugs where as in MS Office 2003 there are none so far and this is the best version I have tried. Since all of the software is working but I am not sure if Microsoft Office 2003 or Outlook will work on Windows 10 because I have not got that. But it works fine on Windows 8.

See Outlook 2003 in action on Windows 8 in my video.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.